Supracity Publishing LLC

Monday, December 2, 2013

You never know unless you ask.

The Book People had a group of authors drop by last Saturday from 1 - 5 PM. The store owner, Ruth put us to work straightening some of the book shelves. The Book People's store has books shoved into every nook and cranny available. I pulled out a group of books in the Religious/Spiritual section. The work didn't last long, but I did manage to get my books in a better spot. There was six authors and we talked amongst each other for awhile and then the questions started of who wrote what. I didn't volunteer simply because my genre is so specific. There were authors who wrote about the Holocaust, one who took pictures of kids around the world, a poet, a couple of fiction writers and me. I was sitting down when the question was asked. What is your book about? I told them it was of a spiritual nature, they wanted to know more. I gave them the meat of the book. I talked about being in balance, about spirits and coincidences. One of the Authors I had known before in other writing circles related story after story about her experiences. I couldn't believe my ears. I had always pictured her as an orthodox Christian whose beliefs were very strict on spiritual matters. A couple more people related their stories of spirit. Here I thought I was going to be the oddball because of my topic. You just don't hear people bringing up spiritual beliefs (at least in America) very often unless it is tied to a major religion. But there are so many people who believe there is more to life and spirit than what our major religions offer. It makes me wonder how many of us want to know more, but are afraid of being made a fool for our uncharacteristic ideas in the matters of spirit. You never know unless you ask. I loved hearing the different stories the authors had when it came to my genre. What they thought about when it came to "The Law of Attraction" or Coincidences. Sure we are an artistic bunch and easier drawn into those grayish areas that those who view life with the logic of men on a chessboard. Those of you who read my blogs and feel there is more to life should look around now and again. Those who you have drawn into your life, who you interact with on a regular basis may have some stories of their own if you only ask. Remember, you drew them to you for a reason, what you do about it now is up to you.

Nameste'

Barry Brown, Author and National Speaker
"A Journey to Balance - Making Sense of It All"

No comments:

Post a Comment