Supracity Publishing LLC

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A cup of Joe and a little quiet

Mornings are the best time for life contemplations. It is the time when we have first returned to total consciousness. It is when we leave that most interesting state called sleep. Every night we close our eyes and enter an alternative reality which is what it really is and since no one can really explain it, we just accept as "one of those things." It is something that we have agreed to when we came down here. We agreed on the concepts of space and time. We agreed that feeling happy is much better than feeling sad. We agreed that we would only spend enough time on this planet to get done the things we have come down here to do and then leave. We chose to appear on this planet at this time in human evolution because of what it can deliver and the variety of experiences available today that wasn't here before. When I catch myself complaining why people and things going around me aren't acting like I want is when I remind myself that I agreed to come here so I can enjoy all of the diversity that life has to offer. I have to remind myself when someone I care about leaves is the day they have finally finished what they have come here to do and I should be thankful for being included in their life experience. I have to sometimes remind myself when difficulties arise it is because of my responses to the event. The situation is what it is and no use crying about spilt milk. Everything in my life is because I have willingly or unwittingly brought it into my experience. What I do with it is now up to me. It's cold outside my door and there is ice lining the streets. The school bus will be two hours late this morning and the kids are running around and playing their games while I attempt to keep my thoughts together for my blogs and books. It's nice to have them here even though my best work is when I have my morning cup of Joe and a little quiet.

Nameste'

Barry Brown, Author and National Speaker
"A Journey to Balance - Making Sense of It All."

No comments:

Post a Comment